What is an obagi blue peel and why is it done?
Obagi blue peel is a type of medium chemical skin peel, which is a cosmetic non-surgical procedure to
- revitalize lifeless skin
- brighten complexion
- eliminate fine wrinkles
- fade brown spots and other discoloration
- make pores appear smaller and
- smoothen the skin surface.
by peeling away the skin’s top layers.
It can be performed on the neck, chest, hands, back, arms and legs using the same technique as for the face.
How is an obagi blue peel done?
- The skin is thoroughly cleaned by rubbing alcohol or acetone to remove any traces of grease.
- Depending upon the condition of the skin, 1-4 coats of the obagi blue peel solution is applied .A slight burning after each application is experienced that lasts for 5-10 minutes
- The treated area is covered either with a thick coating of petroleum jelly, which is layered over the patient’s face