What is a micro peel and why is it done?
A micro skin peel, is a cosmetic non-surgical procedure to treat
- Acne prone skin
- Environmentally damaged skin
- Fine lines/wrinkles
- Areas of dryness
by peeling away the skin’s top layers, using AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) such as glycolic, lactic or fruit acid.
How is a micro peel done?
- The AHA solution is applied to the area to be treated (avoiding the eyes, brows and lips) using sponge, cotton pad, swab or brush.
- The chemical is left on the skin for 2 to 7 minutes
- Water is used to neutralize the acid and end the chemical reaction and wiped off.
- A slight burning sensation is felt while the chemical is on the skin. A handheld fan can help cool the skin and relieve any discomfort.