Why is cheek augmentation done?
Cheek augmentation is a cosmetic surgery done to enhance a deficient cheek area to balance the facial features by augmenting the cheek using
- Artificial implants
- Bio implants such as bone or tissue grafts taken from the patient or a donor
- Fat grafting or fat injections
- Injectables fillers such as collagen, HA etc
How is cheek augmentation done?
- Cheek implants
- An incision is made in the lower eyelid or inside the mouth
- The implant is placed directly on top of the cheek bone or right below it and checked for the proper look suitable for the patient?s features.?It may be removed and further customized several times during the operation.?
- The implant is either sutured or screwed into place. If no sutures or screws are used the cheek is taped or given a head dressing.?
- Fat injections or fat grafting
- The fat is removed from the donor site, usually the buttocks, abdomen etc, with a small hypodermic needle and spun in a centrifuge to remove excess fluids
- The undamaged fat cells are then
- injected with the use of a separate smaller hypodermic either just under the cheek or deep within the muscle or
- Implanted, taking individual strands of fat cells one by one through minute incisions on the cheek. The incisions are then closed?
- Injectable fillers
- The filler is injected using a fine needle inserted at several points along the edge of the treatment site.
- The doctor/nurse ?massages the area to evenly distribute the filler.